• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

is this fake gibson supreme ?

Cody

Bridge posts have flathead slots; open book headstock looks very flat; cutaway looks shallow...

I'd say Chinese made.

chasenblues

It doesn't say Supreme. Looks like Suprome. :hee

It does look like that..:ha

nS82Ma8h.jpg

That inlay...........:rofl

Genuine should actually look like a map with continents.
This looks somewhat in-continent.:fart

clearmudd

If Wendy O Williams was alive she would like it..................................

...........................................under her chainsaw!:peace2

NYCBURST

Its like how much more fake could this get? the Answer, none... "none more fake"

clearmudd

It's a fine line between clever and stupid. :ganz

:##

That is almost every post ever made...............including this one I made....:)

Actually nothing clever here..............that just leaves...

Last edited:

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
The Chibsons I've seen all do say Suprome and if they showed a picture of the jackplate it's most likely square...

That's the correct shape for a Les Paul jackplate.
Or, does a Supreme have something different, like maybe the football shape? :hmm

clearmudd

That's the correct shape for a Les Paul jackplate.
Or, does a Supreme have something different, like maybe the football shape? :hmm
Supremes don't have cavity covers and all the controls are fed through a elongated jack plate. These are somewhat hollow guitars with a thick maple top and back.
Fakes are not quite as elaborate I think.

Last edited:

El Gringo

If Wendy O Williams was alive she would like it..................................

...........................................under her chainsaw!:peace2
I seen her and the Plasmatics way back in the late 70's at a club and she did brandish the ole chainsaw to a fake Les Paul and she had tape covering her nips and had her big blonde Mohawk . A good show it was !