• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Hand Wired 'new' 64 Deluxe Reverb-- very cool!

Pellman73

great vid where John Bohlinger puts a Tele, a Strat, and Gretsch and a drool worthy les paul gold top w P-90s through their paces (I thought sounded the best actually. makes me want some P-90s bad)

I'm not sure its a thing to call an amp "transparent" but you can really hear the guitars and what they "sound like" through this thing.

these will be sweet I do believe.

57Strat777

I haven't kept up with Fender's hand wired series. Are these US Made hand-wired amps using top quality components, or are these hand wired in Mexico using Chinese components?

Amp360

I have one of the 57 Twins and absolutely love it. That being said, a real Tweed Twin is north of 10k while a genuine BF Deluxe isn't much more than the reissue. Not sure I would spring for one.

corpse

I have one of the 57 Twins and absolutely love it. That being said, a real Tweed Twin is north of 10k while a genuine BF Deluxe isn't much more than the reissue. Not sure I would spring for one.

You can't go wrong with Black or early Silver

Amp360

^ That's what I'm saying. Plus, it's not like Deluxe Reverbs are rare. I see the market for this, I just think the older model (BF or SF) is the better choice.

I'm sure they'll sell a ton of them

sonar

I love my old Fender amps and that's why I'm all for these handwired reissues. I started buying vintage BF/SF amps because (at the time) new amps didn't sound like the records I grew up listening to, not because BF's were potentially a good investment.

Now you can get a new amp built like they were (hopefully sounding like the old ones) and widely available. It's a win-win for the collector (as old BF prices will probably spike) and for the guy who doesn't want to take out a 50 year old amp to some dingy bar on a Saturday night.

By many accounts the new handwired's street price is about $1k less than current pricing for vintage BF's in mint condition. If Fender doesn't discontinue the run you're looking at a used market that could be very cost friendly to the gigging musician in a few years.

Yes, very cool.

goldtop0

We get it in the neck here.......this Deluxe is NZ$5.9k at my local store:wow:dang
They just won't sell here as a result.

Shakey

I think this is aimed at the international market more than the US, by all accounts you can't walk down the street without tripping over a vintage blackface of some description, in the UK that isn't really the case there really aren't too many of them around and if you do find one you've got to get a transformer for it and it's a whole load of hassle. Being able to get a fender made hardwired BF deluxe reverb that you can just plug straight into the wall is real appealing in that case. Yes there are loads of people making copies to varying quality, but lets face it if it doesn't say Fender it doesn't feel right plugging my reissue Gibson 335, into my reissue Fender amp with reissue cables and playing it with reissue Herco Picks......

sonar

Interesting reading the international view. Reading some of these prices makes my head spin. In that situation I'd build or buy a clone. I'm not as precious about an amp that has the Fender name tag when the price is a noticeable percentage of a person's annual income.

In the US we aren't necessarily tripping over BF amps. Many of the best examples are tucked away in collections, leaving a lot that are in varying states of unoriginal condition for the average player.

Also, the expected life of stock speakers in these amps has passed, so one of the best tonal profiles of these amps are gone, or soon to be, unless you play very softly. People get reproducing Celestion, but they still haven't figured out the Jensen formula yet, imo.

I think there is still a healthy market for these amps in the US.