• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Super Distortions pushing an ac30?

Smunoz0593

I'm looking for new pickups for both of my LPs, I need something that will hit the front end of my amp and was curious about DiMarzio super distortions, I used my buddy's s ltd Les Paul copy loaded with emgs and it gave the amp some much need grit, I usually use a proco rat as a booster for lead, I'm not looking for a metal sound, more or less I'm searching for a nice British crunch

Pellman73

I'm looking for new pickups for both of my LPs, I need something that will hit the front end of my amp and was curious about DiMarzio super distortions, I used my buddy's s ltd Les Paul copy loaded with emgs and it gave the amp some much need grit, I usually use a proco rat as a booster for lead, I'm not looking for a metal sound, more or less I'm searching for a nice British crunch

I've not used them but somewhere around here I remember a thread about this and theres definitely guys who like them

but for the crunch wouldn't ya want something like a marshall type amp or an orange rather than an AC-30 which is more chimey? maybe I have that wrong....

I've got two Friedmans -- the small box combo I played one A chord and it was enough for me to buy it-- it made that perfect crunchy marshally sound all by itself.

Stephens

Not to derail the thread; but if it's British crunch you're after, have you considered a Treble Booster in front of the normal channel of your AC-30?

El Gringo

There is nothing Like a Marshall for some authentic British crunch ,I myself like the Gibson 57 classics and the 57 classic + for the bridge pickups which runs a bit hotter for some nice leads .Just my 2 cents .

GeraintGuitar

If you wanna push your amp harder with any guitar , get a digitech bad monkey pedal . Its the best there is for "pushing" or driving anything harder even other pedals !

just dont try and use it as a stand alone od pedal cos it wont work

Pellman73

There is nothing Like a Marshall for some authentic British crunch ,I myself like the Gibson 57 classics and the 57 classic + for the bridge pickups which runs a bit hotter for some nice leads .Just my 2 cents .

I've got 57 classics in my SG and its very nod producing

in other words when you play that guitar you nod a lot like "yea. that's what I'm lookin for"