• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Bent bridge post

Blackie59

I decided to give the Mapleflame mod a try on my R8 and got all the parts necessary and got to work on it this morning. It's the second time I did this so I knew what to expect. Anyway, got it done without a problem and my guitar sounds awesomer (sp?) than it did before the mod with one exception, the low E side bridge post was bent. I would have never really noticed it until I started to remove it and it was wobbly on the extraction. Here's a picture of the post:
lo0jars.jpg
[/IMG]

I'm sure it was bent when they pounded on the bridge to cut the notches in the saddles with a hammer.

alnico59

Had a maple flame mod done to my R8. The original studs were hand tightened only and not touching the wood at the bottom. Not good. It made a world's of difference in tone and sustain. Replaced the suds with the recommended steel and size.

J T

Put two nuts on each end and put it in a vice to straighten it.

Blackie59

Sorry but Home Depot had some very nice stainless steel 6/32's that will keep my nuts out of a vise.

Last edited:

Pellman73

Sorry but Home Depot had some very nice stainless steel 6/32's that will keep my nuts out of a vice.

VICE is bad things-- or cool if its CROCKETT And TUBBS or a gonzo multimedia journalism organization

or if your Nuts are in VICE then Crockett and Tubbs might by after you in a white testarossa

a VISE is a thing that you don't want to put your nuts in