• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

What burst is this?

sws1

I don't recall seeing a New Guitar Day post in the past year. Maybe I missed it.

Buddy?

Pellman73

does the wig come with the headband all built in?

I wonder also if Brett Michaels has like a cowboy hat/wig situation as well.

67blackcherry

I did not have 19:44 to waste today watching a video but I really can't complain - thanks for posting!
That lick at 14:00 - so glad he played it clean - Buddy sounds awesome!

Note to self: don't ever take a hand off the guitar, even if it isn't vintage!

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
Note to self: don't ever take a hand off the guitar, even if it isn't vintage!

Don't forget the bottle washers. Best basic strap lock there is, and at only 4 for $1 [at some locations, like Arlington :ganz] ....

.... it's a no brainer. :##

sws1

Don't forget the bottle washers. Best basic strap lock there is, and at only 4 for $1 [at some locations, like Arlington :ganz] ....

Always my first stop at Arlington. 3rd Eye Music for a handful of red washers. :)

P.Walker

I got a 100-pack of the washers way back on ebay...can't stand grolsch but the lock is ace.

Tom, was "Buddy" owned by Eric Johnson way back? I remember the pickguard had "Buddy" engraved on it.

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
I got a 100-pack of the washers way back on ebay...can't stand grolsch but the lock is ace.

Tom, was "Buddy" owned by Eric Johnson way back? I remember the pickguard had "Buddy" engraved on it.

Yes, 100-pack washers are also easily available. :ganz

I don't know the background on Buddy. Maybe JoeB or someone else has the answer. :jim

T.Allen

Yes, EJ had a burst with "Buddy" inscribed on the pickguard. It also had one of those hand chiseled control cavities. I am not sure if the guitar Joe has is that one though.

T.Allen

Here is the guitar Eric owned.

59_Gibson_Les_Paul_Buddy_zpsf2efc79f.jpg

P.Walker

Yes, EJ had a burst with "Buddy" inscribed on the pickguard. It also had one of those hand chiseled control cavities. I am not sure if the guitar Joe has is that one though.

Well one thing is for sure they are both named "Buddy" but upon a closer look now I think it's fair to say EJ's former "buddy" and this one is surely different. I like EJ's pickguard script font though :)