• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Various neck profiles on the same Les Paul's?

Hotshot

In my 2nd Les Paul hunt I have played several 2016 Trad Zebra Lemon burst. Bought one that looked pretty but only felt ok. All had the Late 50s neck that was almost the same as my 97. More like a med between 50-60s. Then I tried one that was heavier, sustained way more and had what has to be an Asym neck. I LOVe it. It's fat at the top and like the late 50s at the bottom.

Did i I get some strange unicorn or is it a bit of a hunt with these limited runs ?

thejaf

IMHO, that's why you gotta try before you buy. Glad you found a keeper :hank

Big Al

They tend to be very similar within the same models of the same year. Year to year can show quite a variety of profiles on the same model but different years. That is most all Les Paul Traditionals in 2013 should be very similar but could be vert different than a Les Paul Standard from 2013 or say a Traditional from 2017. The final sanding is hand done and can be a little bit variable, and even small changes will be felt in hand. As thejaf says, "That's why you gotta try before you buy." Whenever possible.