• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

How to run a 335 with varitone with only one amp

CAGinLA

Just as a side note, Faber makes high quality aftermarket bridges (though I understand why you would be pissed about having it installed if you expected a stock vintage one).

I use Faber on a lot of my Gibsons now - in fact I put one on my new Freddie King 345 a few weeks ago and it greatly improved the tone and sustain.

DoctorDox

Just as a side note, Faber makes high quality aftermarket bridges (though I understand why you would be pissed about having it installed if you expected a stock vintage one).

I use Faber on a lot of my Gibsons now - in fact I put one on my new Freddie King 345 a few weeks ago and it greatly improved the tone and sustain.
Im sure they are good, theres a lot of good aftermarket bridges. Ive played a few im sure, but overall point was undisclosed and not original. But it felt fine

stevieboy

Hey, bringing this back because I came across this video that addresses a couple of points in the thread. Not specifically about the guitar discussed, sorry that didn’t work out for the OP.

But it’s Simo talking about a ‘62 ES-335 with a varitone, mono. Takes him a couple of minutes to get to the guitar. Very rare as he says. But the most interesting thing to me is that at around 4:25 he says that B.B. King used a mono 335 with varitone on Live at the Regal. That’s something I had never heard before, but it came up in the thread so here you go.

https://youtu.be/k7q5zwfbKww

There’s another video where he mostly just plays the thing.

zombiwoof

The "PW" on the bottom means made by Ping Works, which are made in China. When Faber first started, they were using bridge casings not made by them, and putting their saddles and such in them. I don't know what they are using now, but it definitely is not a vintage bridge at any rate.
Al

I used one of those to replace the original bridge on my es-350t. It is a high quality part. I would still think they would disclose it ahead of time.

RicOkc

There's a good chance that the original bridge had probably collapsed and was replaced. Not unheard of for an instrument of that age.