• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

R4 OXBLOOD BRAZ BOARD

rainer2859

]

lol-

hey rainer were humbuckers stock?

woulda thought they'd be P-90's

please elaborate if you have the details...

interesting guitar!

lets see the back please!

Yip, pups are stock, think they are BB 2&3 from recollection. I'll check the spec and get a back shot done! (No splooge joke intended)

AA00475Bassman

]

lol-

hey rainer were humbuckers stock?

woulda thought they'd be P-90's

please elaborate if you have the details...

interesting guitar!

lets see the back please!

Gibson introduced this R4 in 1998 page 3 of the Historic catalog , Oxblood was not a Les Paul color in 54 the inspiration IMO was Jeff Beck modded 54 . This 54 has had several Custom shop runs , they also did a Jeff Beck signature . Ive only seen double coils with the stop tail in oxblood . Ive been looking for a 98 for years !

AA00475Bassman

:dude: -- a really nice score... I won't venture a value but I'd say $7k is very optimistic. That should be a keeper for someone!

I agree Greg optimistic , the prices I've seen people pay for Brazilian rosewood boards led me to this price . Greg i for one would not invest any extra money for Brazilian .

rainer2859

8ZNZ7oD.jpg

lMVRn5W.jpg

aoPSm7F.jpg

StSpider

Nice. I've had mine (a 2006, no braz) since 2008 and I still love it.

ourmaninthenorth

Still don't hold a candle to the Murphy bud. Take it easy:)

Nice one Pal.

D'yer know something? without getting all mard arsed about it, I've bought and sold hundreds of guitars over the years, and your Murphy is the only one I think about. Before or since I've never found an Historic that could better it. It's not regret on my part, it's satisfaction knowing it's been paid forward into the right hands.

I say it all the time, and mean it all the time...play it in the finest of health mate.

:hank

sidekick

Really nice and a rare Oxblood with the Gibson certified BR 'board.

Great score and play/enjoy in good health.

TM1

Yeah, I have a R-4 that went to Historic Makeovers in 2012(for it's 2nd trip..) the necks on these are bigger than any real 1954/55 LP I've ever played over the last 45 years..
Kim and his guys took care of that and it's now nearly exactly like a `57 that I put it next to when I got it back..