• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

New Les Paul Less+ from Sam Ash Blowout Sale - My Impressions

Lend27

I bought one and these are my thoughts:

1. Love the weight. Nice and Light.
2. Sustain and sounds seems on a par with other Les Pauls I have owned. Models have ranged from Juniors to Historics. My all time fav is an R0.
3. The wider neck takes some getting used to but no big deal. Love it now.
4. The zero fret nut is a great idea. I happen to love zero frets. Gibson sent me a Titanium nut to replace the faulty brass nut. I also have one of these to try:
http://www.stewmac.com/Materials_an...addles/TUSQ_XL_Adjustable_Nut_for_Gibson.html
5. The fit and finish is as good or better than any other Gibson I have purchased. Outstanding.
6. After a week or so tuners had to go. Just could not bond with them. And yes I did read the manual. I replaced them easily with locking tuners. For me, it was the only way to go.
7. The electronics actually produce some usable tones. Very versatile guitar. And still gets "The Les Paul Sound".
8. The hardshell case is nice, although I would have preferred the standard Les Paul case. But again, no big deal.
9. I absolutely love the guitar. It's a joy to play.
10. It's a great guitar. Period.

Notice I never once said "for the money". That's not an issue. It stands on it's own merit.

I may now pop for a doublecut special. :)

jakbur

I bought one and these are my thoughts:

1. Love the weight. Nice and Light.
2. Sustain and sounds seems on a par with other Les Pauls I have owned. Models have ranged from Juniors to Historics. My all time fav is an R0.
3. The wider neck takes some getting used to but no big deal. Love it now.
4. The zero fret nut is a great idea. I happen to love zero frets. Gibson sent me a Titanium nut to replace the faulty brass nut. I also have one of these to try:
http://www.stewmac.com/Materials_an...addles/TUSQ_XL_Adjustable_Nut_for_Gibson.html
5. The fit and finish is as good or better than any other Gibson I have purchased. Outstanding.
6. After a week or so tuners had to go. Just could not bond with them. And yes I did read the manual. I replaced them easily with locking tuners. For me, it was the only way to go.
7. The electronics actually produce some usable tones. Very versatile guitar. And still gets "The Les Paul Sound".
8. The hardshell case is nice, although I would have preferred the standard Les Paul case. But again, no big deal.
9. I absolutely love the guitar. It's a joy to play.
10. It's a great guitar. Period.

Notice I never once said "for the money". That's not an issue. It stands on it's own merit.

I may now pop for a doublecut special. :)

Thanks for the review! That's a smoking price for those! I had a Les Paul Custom Less +. Paid a lot more for it than that and should have kept it.

SpencerD

Question please Lend27.

Brand new guitar with "faulty" equipment?

At my job,faulty equipment doesn't get shipped. It's a potential firing offense actually.

BaggyPants

Question please Lend27.

Brand new guitar with "faulty" equipment?

At my job,faulty equipment doesn't get shipped. It's a potential firing offense actually.

By faulty, he means Gibson found the brass is soft on the nut, so they provide a free titanium replacement.