• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Got to play a '68 tonight

telstarstuff

Hey kids,

As a proud owner of a '69 Deluxe, I got a chance to play an original '68 Standard tonight. I've plunked around on one or two in the past at a guitar show, but never for a long period of time during a set of live music. I was surprised at how similar the neck shape and weight were to my #845 Deluxe (solid body, 3 piece neck). This guitar was a small headstock, p90, #519xxx guitar. The only drawback was we had to run it direct into a PA instead of blasting it through an amp. The owner and I are planning to meet up again and have both guitars on hand to compare at the next gig. Maybe we'll bring amps to jack it through. Love the feeling of excitement I get from playing cool, vintage guitars!

Progrocker111

There shouldnt be a dramatic feeling difference between them, as they share many same features together. :)

Wilko

All Access/Backstage Pass
IME, most of the 68s are lighter at under and up to 9 pounds. All but one of the 5 that I owned were under 9 pounds. I don't think I've played many 69 or later that were under 9 pounds.

Neck shapes were very similar and overall feel is very similar. The P90s rawk more!