• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Les Paul needs Restoration

electricwally

Hi Members,

I have a 1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (color: white). This guitar needs major restoration work. I am seeking qualified luthiers in the state of Pennsylvania (that I can personally visit an receive an estimate of what it will cost). The instrument needs a new maple top, top binding and a complete refinish. Any contacts with qualified luthiers would be much appreciated. I live in Hershey, Pennsylvania. Thank you

Last edited:

FretsAlot

EW,

this sounds serious... you've piqued my curiosity... what happened to the guitar... pictures?

BTW, someone above mentioned BCRGreg... he has had some photo documented repair threads on this site doing what appears to be outstanding work. He may be your guy...

Fretsalot/Scott

electricwally

Pictures will not be available for about one week. Will not be in possession of the instrument until next week but I am the original owner. Just looking for a dedicated luthier who is completely familiar with ALL aspects of restoring a Les Paul. Correction...the luthier recommended can be located anywhere. I'm settling on the fact that I may have to ship the guitar to the chosen expert or drive to his location. Thank you.

chasenblues

Pennsylvania is not a small state, and Greg slightly off the beaten track, but if the like of Aerosmith and Rick Nielsen seek him out, I say he's worth your time to find :)

Going by google maps the op lives 14 miles away from him. From the pics i've seen here and elsewhere Greg has done some wild restore/repair-raise from the dead stuff.