• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Are Pete Townsend Les Paul Deluxe Goldtop model sought after?

Sewell

Hi, I'm being offered a 2005 from the Custom Shop. It´s the one with 2 switches and #3 sticker. It´s supposed to be a very limited edition of only 75 units. What do you guys think, is it worth a R9 as trade?

El Gringo

If you are a Who fan and this makes you happy go for it. If not don't .

Dilver

Hi, I'm being offered a 2005 from the Custom Shop. It´s the one with 2 switches and #3 sticker. It´s supposed to be a very limited edition of only 75 units. What do you guys think, is it worth a R9 as trade?
No, I don't think this is a good trade. A Townshend LP Deluxe is modeled after a Norlin era LP Deluxe and appear to have the same quirky construction: sandwich body, 3 piece neck, shallow dish super thin neck, very heavy body - not exactly sought after features. It will be much easier to sell/trade an R9 Les Paul than a Townshend Les Paul which woulkd have a much narrower audience that would want it. That said, if you really dig it, go for it. Life's short - get what you want and don't look back.

Sewell

No, I don't think this is a good trade. A Townshend LP Deluxe is modeled after a Norlin era LP Deluxe and appear to have the same quirky construction: sandwich body, 3 piece neck, shallow dish super thin neck, very heavy body - not exactly sought after features. It will be much easier to sell/trade an R9 Les Paul than a Townshend Les Paul which woulkd have a much narrower audience that would want it. That said, if you really dig it, go for it. Life's short - get what you want and don't look back.

Thanks for the answer, I very much feared that precisely, a Norlin copy would be far more difficult to sell than a R9. Then, it´s not worth sacrificing my beautiful R9.

Progrocker111

Copy of early 70s Les Paul Deluxe, which is more expensive than original in great condition isnt a very good buy to me. :wah