• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Which LP model is mine?

LPPDL

Hello to everybody, I'm new in this great forum that I've found during my research...

7 years ago I bought a wonderful Les Paul Deluxe Black on eBay and I was sure it was a Deluxe with later mounted P90 pickups... The point is that I own the guarantee certificate in which I can read:

"Model: Pro - Blck"
"Serial number: 06112883" (even if the seller wrote a strange "6" that seem a "0")

So with the serial number I verified that the LP is from '77 production and the model have to be a Pro Deluxe. The problem is that the Truss Rod was changed with an anonymous one... no "Pro" on it...

I'm not in contact anymore with the seller so I can't ask more details to him but I remember that he said to me that he received the info's from the previous owner...

Someone can give me suggestions about my doubts?

Here some pics of the LP

https://www.mercatinomusicale.com/mm/a_gibson-les-paul-pro-deluxe-1977-introvabile_id1489684.html

Big Al

Looks like a stock Les Paul Pro Deluxe. The P90's are original and correct.

LPPDL

Hello guys! Thank you for your fast replies...

If you want I have more detailed pics I can link

Progrocker111

I have had a similar black one, 78. Your seems to be in original condition except for ABR bridge. This model was then a first model exclusively built in new-opened Nashville factory.