• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Condino 3/4 Les Paul 'burst

j condino

'First post.

Most of my other 350+ instruments since 1980 have been acoustic, but I ventured back into my long lost electric roots recently. Here are a few shots of a 3/4 'burst I made last year. 30 year old Clark county Tennessee maple, 20+ year old Honduras mahogany, 50+ year old Brazilian rosewood fingerboard with evo manolin fretwire. The edge profile of the maple was so nice, I decided to go bindingless. Pictured next to the cover of "The Beauty of the Burst" that I used for reference while finishing. I opted for a handrubbed finish and varnish as to let it age very fast. It is an absolute killer sounding little rockin' hoss of a guitar. I'll likely make a few more in full size this winter. Some of the folks over at the Knoxville luthier's group got a hands on look when I brought it over for the sunburst finishing workshop I gave a while back. Thanks for looking....

j.
www.condino.com
www.kaybassrepair.com

@condinostringinstruments
@kaybassrepair

https://www.facebook.com/196588557518578/photos/pcb.250706842106749/250705615440205/?type=3

Last edited: