• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Is it the Toggle, Strange wiring, Or both?

Hotshot

As I learn more about this little mojo unit, I like this thing. That said, my only Les Paul, i have no comparison.

FYI, the Toggle is well worn but works. Its loose and goes side to side mechanically but with no pops or hissing. On to the wiring...

Toggle UP = Neck pickup..... Neck VOL on and off, and its Tone knob controls tone perfectly.

Toggle Down = Bridge Pickup.... Bridge VOL 0-10, and Tone knob Controls tone perfectly.

Toggle Middle = Both Pickups on BUT only if each is cracked open a little bit. In BOTH, With both Volumes to 0, you CAN NOT Just dial one Volume up and hear it. Its almost like a blend setting.

For instance, Off and OFF is well.. Off, guitar silent. But.., In order to have any pickup on in both, each pickups volume needs to be cracked open to about .5 or 1. If you do that its both pickups working. Is this normal or some mod i don't know about?

I don't mind it as I get a beauty tone with it in both and the Neck at 8 and the Bridge dialled in about 5 for a great clean.

Thoughts, Comments, Concerns?

Just trying to learn.

Lowell_M

In normal Gibson wiring, in the middle position, if one volume is at 0 it will be silent.