• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NGD 64 ES 345 Historic

AA00475Bassman

I bought this 345 a few months back , really was not looking for a buy the day i bought this guitar . I waited to post the guitar after a few months to get past the honeymoon . This being my second memphis historic the first was a 335 not very impressive . Really like the MHS not potted . Very happy with the tone & build of this guitar . I also feel this guitar is on par with the Kalamazoo 335, 345 , 355 & Trini Lopez guitars I've owned . Never owned a Nashville although i did have a blonde custom shop 335, 91 i did play for a while I really liked .
35495c6e-bda0-4215-9166-f9dc4bb26b92_zpsvpjwaxi9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

latestarter

Nice. Was the hardware that aged (tail piece esp.) or did you add some?

AA00475Bassman

Grant the guitar is as came from the factory, Vos very aged hardware more than my other VOS guitars .

mdubya

Beautiful 345! :3zone

They don't always get them right (apparently), but when they do, Memphis really gets them right.

latestarter

Grant the guitar is as came from the factory, Vos very aged hardware more than my other VOS guitars .

That's v cool then.

Yes, these are such great guitars when you get a good one. I'm still digging the stock pickups.

reddeluxe

She is a beauty! What year was it made? I have a 2015 Memphis '64 Reissue ES 345 in figured Cherry VOS with Varitone delete that is definitely on par with several early '60's ES models that I have previously owned, both in tone and playability. Only change I have made is to replace the original Historic no wire ABR 1 with stock nylon saddles to an identical one with titanium saddles. I ike both, and can easily change them out, depending on what gig and overall tone I'm wanting. Factory nylon is big, clear, smooth and round (great for traditional jazz/low volume blues) while TI is crisper, faster pick attack, with slightly more sustain and sounds great slightly over driven or with more distortion. Also changed the slightly cheap looking control knobs for more vintage appearing ones. Congrats on getting yours!

AA00475Bassman

Mr kenny just love the unbound neck , the grain is spectacular huge vibe coming off that thang . Your 58 would be my first choice never had any idea they built such a beast . So much bad press on these Memphis guitars on this forum , I sometimes wonder how much of this Info is a Witch hunt . Thank you for posting .

mr kenny

Mr kenny just love the unbound neck , the grain is spectacular huge vibe coming off that thang . Your 58 would be my first choice never had any idea they built such a beast . So much bad press on these Memphis guitars on this forum , I sometimes wonder how much of this Info is a Witch hunt . Thank you for posting .

First year for es335 was '58 and the early ones had no neck binding which I prefer. There is an additional charge for a Blonde, there was in '58 too. I don't pay any attention to the negative comments. Every time I play this guitar I'm amazed, love this guitar.

reddeluxe

sorry, can't seem to send link for my VOS Reissue ES 345.....that unbound blonde '58 Reissue is spectacular!!!

Last edited:

AA00475Bassman

I would like to see more ES guitars posted on this thread , would really enjoy more Memphis guitar photos . Post away and as always Enjoy !

The 58 unbound really gave me the shivers thats for posting .

mr kenny

Thanks all for the nice comments
Here's the back of that '58. Has Wolfetone Legends. Amp is a narrow panel tweed Super.

20881998_1584739834879671_8506961512257983818_n.jpg