• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Market Pricing

sunburst1

Always browse dealer sites to check inventory/prices etc.

Have no connection with the seller , but how dose an almost mint 1959 LPC go from 98K down to 68K?

Know its a tough market & LPC are not in demand , but an almost mint example lowered 30K says to me

something is seriously wrong ,IMO ,OMMV.

BTW the way the seller is www.overlandexpress.com

JJ Blair

Maybe it's just a very motivated seller who consigned it. I think that guitar is worth the original asking price, if you consider the condition. It's just a slower market for Customs.

sikoniko

overly optimistic dealers... it's very clean, and it might be worth that to someone, but you bring yourself down to a very narrow customer. If you aren't motivated to sell and will sit on it indefinitely, they might eventually get it. If it is sitting in the dealers inventory, that's cash that isn't in the bank and cash rules...

some of these dealers buy at current value and are willing to have it sit in inventory for a while and jack the price hoping to use their reputation to attract a high-dollar buyer, but if it doesn't sell, they can turn around and move it for what they paid for it... Gary's is a good example that comes to mind... he tried to tell me at a guitar show once that he could charge $15k more for a guitar because of his brand...

latestarter

If I had the means, and more, i'd buy that in a heartbeat...something that clean in the collection is a once in a lifetime.

surfreak

the 3-pickup layout and Bigsby may be less appealing for some buyers.

JBLPplayer

Condition, issues and playability factor into the LPC market. I have a perfect one that would be a 60's ish guitar but that's because it's mint. If you wanna player high 30s mid 40s gets it done.
Joe B
PS a two pickup version all bets are off!!