• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Tribute to Clapton & Cray, just for old love's sake (R7 content)

P.Walker

Hey all,
I've always dismissed the post-cream era clapton out of pure bigotry, even though I knew there were good songs in them. The traditionalist in me always said, "Bahh you can't do that." Well one day this song hit me out of nowhere, took me back to a place and I said, "Fuck it, let's do a tribute to Clapton and Cray."
The segment pertains to roughly the latter half of the song, and I did my own solo/improv over the guitar duet already in place, as I wanted to see what I could come up with. The sign of a great song is that you don't need to work so hard to come up with a solo I believe.
Thanks for watching and comments are greatly appreciated! By the way, the gear is just an R7 through a macbook logic since I can't play loud right now.

thunderkyss

Just an R7... that's what I love about this place.

Anywho, great playing... Nice tone (a little heavy on the 'verb for my taste), thanks for sharing.

P.Walker

Just an R7... that's what I love about this place.

Anywho, great playing... Nice tone (a little heavy on the 'verb for my taste), thanks for sharing.

Thank you! Didn't mean that it was "just" an r7 but rather that the setup was very simple :)

Normally I wouldn't use this much verb but the original track is busy enough with clapton and cray's guitars which have practically no ambience to them, so I had to do something about spacing without getting in the way too much so I deemed reverb appropriate just for this purpose :)

goldtop0

Liked that a lot:2cool............From The Cradle is a great album by EC and I play a lot of that,(as much as possible given that I haven't got his dexterity).