• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Anybody use a looper?

sixtiesman

Hi all
I have never used a looper myself but I am familiar with the concept. I have a looper in my Zoom G3x and I've never used that either having read it was 40 seconds.
Most loopers have a number of minutes, 10, 30 or more, listed in their specification. The Boss Rc-3 boasts 3 hours!@?.
The slots are addressable so my question to the knowledgable here is........

Can I put my backing tracks in the slots on the looper?

best regards

sixtiesman

NYCBURST

get the boss rc-1 looper, end of story.. You'll love it. easy to use.

Hi all
I have never used a looper myself but I am familiar with the concept. I have a looper in my Zoom G3x and I've never used that either having read it was 40 seconds.
Most loopers have a number of minutes, 10, 30 or more, listed in their specification. The Boss Rc-3 boasts 3 hours!@?.
The slots are addressable so my question to the knowledgable here is........

Can I put my backing tracks in the slots on the looper?

best regards

sixtiesman

Stephens

I use the ultimate looper- the Digitech Trio Plus. Looper plus bass and drums. It doesn't get any better IMO.

Pellman73

I've got a couple-- the Strymon Timeline has one that's pretty cool

I thought I'd throw this up to show this girl Tash Sultana-- who is pretty incredible using loopers. Takes the whole thing to another level. She was a busker and now has a pretty successful career

probably wrong place to post it but this is somewhat the back of the bus anyhow!

Xpensive Wino

KT Tunstall uses a looper (an Akai).

She explains it here:

Last edited:

Classic

I recently started using a looper again and got the Akai Headrush E2. Whilst it's quite large it has plenty of functionality including a delay. The main functionality I got it for was simplicity to control, the ability to not only overdub but return to the original recording and more importantly, to stop the recording and be able to start it again without having to re-record it. The length of recording is important too.

I've been looking at the Boss RC300 due to its flexibility in playing different loops.

Stephens

I have been thinking of getting one of these... How do you like it ? Easy to use ?
Thanks...

There is a bit of a learning curve, but I watched a some videos from the guys at Andertons and a few others. So I had a pretty good idea on the overall functionality. I'd say after an hour or two, you'd be good to go.

If I can do it, anyone can.

mdubya

I have two loopers; a Digitech Jamman, cheap and simple, and one in my AX8. Oh, and an app on my Galaxy S7, too. Great practice tool and good fun, too. Though I don't use them most of the time.

I don't think using a looper to trigger backing tracks is the best use. I would launch bt's from an iPad or iPod or something.

Buckethead often performs solo to fully realized backing tracks. I know Bucket isn't everyone's cuppa, but his performances are pretty cool.

Pellman73

I have two loopers; a Digitech Jamman, cheap and simple, and one in my AX8. Oh, and an app on my Galaxy S7, too. Great practice tool and good fun, too. Though I don't use them most of the time.

I don't think using a looper to trigger backing tracks is the best use. I would launch bt's from an iPad or iPod or something.

Buckethead often performs solo to fully realized backing tracks. I know Bucket isn't everyone's cuppa, but his performances are pretty cool.

I think he's cool and I have no idea how he sees anything, if he is seeing anything.

I always thought his signature les paul was cool too with that kill switch! kind of wanted one.