• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Replaced OT In My 68 Vibro Champ.......................

JeffBlue

I replaced my failed OT in my Vibro Champ with a Mercury Magnetics 55 Tweed OT. Unable to test it out yet because I am also converting the 2 prong to a 3 prong power cord and I still need to buy an eyelet terminal to connect the ground wire to the power transformer mont bolt. I'll let you know how it sounds when I complete my tasks.

JeffBlue

I completed my tasks and the amp sounds excellent. I did replace the 6V6 with an NOS 5881. I did connect the mains ground to the power transformer mount before I was advised to utilize a separate ground point. Oh well, I'll change that when I open the amp next.

TM1

I stupidly sold a `73 Vibro Champ last year.. I replaced the o/p with a Mercury "fat stack". Boy it sounded great. I also modded the circuit to be more like a tweed and installed a 6L6 and a GZ34. I swear it put out closer to 8-10 watts just doing those few things..

JeffBlue

I stupidly sold a `73 Vibro Champ last year.. I replaced the o/p with a Mercury "fat stack". Boy it sounded great. I also modded the circuit to be more like a tweed and installed a 6L6 and a GZ34. I swear it put out closer to 8-10 watts just doing those few things..

Wow, sorry. I bet that stings a bit. I love my Vibro Champ. I'll bet yours sounded great.

Texas Blues

I had a brandy new '78 VC back in the day of the dinosaur and troglodyte.

Awesome vibrato and loud as hell for its size, I even gigged it with a full band.

I stupidly let a bandmate borrow it.

And that was that.

"Life is tough. Its tougher when you're stupid." John Wayne

I had a vintage GA-5 that I also gave up for free because...I dunno'.

Google " connoisseur of stupid " and my picture pops up!

JeffBlue

I had a brandy new '78 VC back in the day of the dinosaur and troglodyte.

Awesome vibrato and loud as hell for its size, I even gigged it with a full band.

I stupidly let a bandmate borrow it.

And that was that.

"Life is tough. Its tougher when you're stupid." John Wayne

I had a vintage GA-5 that I also gave up for free because...I dunno'.

Google " connoisseur of stupid " and my picture pops up!

Sorry for your loss. I'll not be lending any amplifiers. If I didn't have my VC, I would miss it.