• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NGD 2004 Les Paul Classic Honeyburst!

Hi all,

My first post here and it's a NGD, well not quite, I've had her a few days but thought I'd share with you all. It's a beautiful 2004 Classic in my favourite colour, honeyburst. The top is has some gorgeous grain and it's clearly been played a lot! The lacquer is wearing thin on the back of the neck and it just feel perfect, one of the comfiest necks i've ever played, feels like I've played it all my life somehow. :) It is ageing nicely and covered in natural checking, it actually looks a lot older than it is!

I have a set of pickups on the way for it as I'm not a big fan of the high output 498r and 500t, although I have had some really nice tones out of it, PAF style pickups are better suited to my playing.

It weighs 9lb so not overly heavy for a non weight-relieved les paul and it rings out beautifully acoustically.

Here are some pics, hope you like her. She's definitely a keeper!

classic_2004.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_5892.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_5911.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_5915.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_5919.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_5918.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_5917.jpg

IMG_5916.jpg

IMG_5914.jpg

Thundermtn

Right on! Nice looking classic. I thought they were Swiss cheesed for weight reduction though. What pickups did you order? I put a set of SD Pearly Gates in mine, the neck is a keeper. Did you get a one piece back?

Big Al

Right on! Nice looking classic. I thought they were Swiss cheesed for weight reduction though. What pickups did you order? I put a set of SD Pearly Gates in mine, the neck is a keeper. Did you get a one piece back?

Yep, they had the swiss cheese weight reduction scheme.

Thanks guys. Didn't realise it was swiss cheesed, I thought Classics that are earlier than 2006 were non weight-relieved? Not that it matters, just I'm sure I heard that somewhere.

thanks, I love these Classics! What year is yours? Yes it looks like a 1 piece back. I've ordered a set of 59's from Jamie at the Creamery. He's local to me and has done other work for me in the past and I've heard nothing but great things about his pups. He's making me a set with an Alnico 2 in the bridge and 4 in the neck. Also having a push/pull pot to get the out of phase tones. I'm a big Peter Green fan! Can't wait to get them installed. Bet your SD's sound great.

Thundermtn

Mine is an '01, one piece back with an ABR. I'm getting ready to put a Bare Knuckle, Riff Raff in the bridge position hoping the A5 mag will get me where I want to go, with maybe a 50's style harness just to see what happens. Trying to get a PAF with a nasty attitude tone.

Give us an updated tone report when you get the new stuff wired up. Sounds like it will be killer.

Mine is an '01, one piece back with an ABR. I'm getting ready to put a Bare Knuckle, Riff Raff in the bridge position hoping the A5 mag will get me where I want to go, with maybe a 50's style harness just to see what happens. Trying to get a PAF with a nasty attitude tone.

Give us an updated tone report when you get the new stuff wired up. Sounds like it will be killer.

Sounds great, keep me updated on how yours sounds and I'll do the same!

RayTorvalds

Congrats ! Very beautiful ! The color, grain, checking. May you enjoy her for a long time in good health :peace2