• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Where is the best place to ID a gibson bass?

Choover8059

Hello enthusiasts. We inherited a 4 string bass a couple years back and I was just curious what the best route was to look up and see what she is. I posted in OT since I don't know the year yet, once I know the year I'll put pictures up and see what the persons familiar with her year can tell us. I know it's a les paul 4 string bass and she's beautiful, but other than that I don't know much other than the number on the head

Made in the USA

chasenblues

I posted in OT since I don't know the year yet, once I know the year I'll put pictures up and see what the persons familiar with her year can tell us. I know it's a les paul 4 string bass

Made in the USA

That number/stamp if true indicates early 70's, Without decent pics you're not going to get much.

Choover8059

Thanks, I'll narrow it down and see if there is a better thread for this based on the 70s. I thought 70's but heard 50's so I wasn't sure :)