• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

How do you keep your vintage Les Pauls safe?

That Painter Guy

Gun safe, but three things are never in my gun safe. My dog Boomer, my AR15 and my Smith & Wesson. What you realy need to clear is my wife, and her Mosberg. Cha! Cha!

renderit

I doubt you could get more than 5 in there. :ganz

18. I gots that many fingers and toes. 19 if I throw in my Hohner stick. I put the front row in upside down, back row right side up and 2 on the top. Still room for a few guns, paper and gold and jules. Now those are 18 Les Paul sized fiddles. ES's would not work that way.

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
18. I gots that many fingers and toes. 19 if I throw in my Hohner stick. I put the front row in upside down, back row right side up and 2 on the top. Still room for a few guns, paper and gold and jules. Now those are 18 Les Paul sized fiddles. ES's would not work that way.

Sometimes it's hard to tell when you are joking.
Are you serious, that you have one of these safes and can fit 18 Les Paul size guitars in it? :hmm
In cases? :hmm

RAB

Gun safe, but three things are never in my gun safe. My dog Boomer, my AR15 and my Smith & Wesson. What you realy need to clear is my wife, and her Mosberg. Cha! Cha!

I gigged my 5 original Bursts (one at a time) for many years with no problems including playing at many nefarious venues. The guitar never left my hand, either playing it or carrying it in its new, protective case!

renderit

Sometimes it's hard to tell when you are joking.
Are you serious, that you have one of these safes and can fit 18 Les Paul size guitars in it? :hmm
In cases? :hmm

I take after my Dad in that respect. (With a bat frequently.)
Yes. I have the Titan XXL (small door model) with electronic lock. 18 LP's in cases fit in it with relative ease. The last 2 on top take some finagling as they have to be put in before the bottom front row last 3 or 4 can be placed in. The back row goes in standing on the bottom as normal, the front row cases go in standing on the head end of the case (which is nice because it rests in the case on it's shoulders). I'd take a picture, but the internets is not kind to us freeloaders these daze.

Bv9502

Attachments

• IMG_4555.jpg
    IMG_4555.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_4552.jpg
    IMG_4552.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_4553.jpg
    IMG_4553.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_4554.jpg
    IMG_4554.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

T.Allen

Ren is never joking. I live by his solemn words and haven't hit a tree yet.

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
Yes. I have the Titan XXL (small door model) with electronic lock. 18 LP's in cases fit in it with relative ease. The last 2 on top take some finagling as they have to be put in before the bottom front row last 3 or 4 can be placed in. The back row goes in standing on the bottom as normal, the front row cases go in standing on the head end of the case (which is nice because it rests in the case on it's shoulders). I'd take a picture, but the internets is not kind to us freeloaders these daze.

Bv9502

Thanks Ren! :dude:

El Gringo

Bv9502
You are one very serious individual with the right stuff ,I:E firepower .Mucho respect Sir renderit .

viking LP

Bv9502
WOW :dude:! I had never seen anything like that !Impressive !:salude

duaneflowers

I'm not buying it... if you store them upside down all the mojo will drip out the holes in the tuning machines... everybody knows that... :wow

renderit

I'm not buying it... if you store them upside down all the mojo will drip out the holes in the tuning machines... everybody knows that... :wow

I put sandwich bags over da heads to catch the drippin's and pour it backs into the Controller Cavity each night at midnight while waving a dead skunk over my head and wearing only dirty socks. It seems to actually ADD to da MOJO! I'm thinkin' aboot offering da service as Historylike Bakeovers is unwilling ta do it...

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
I thought you may find that story interesting, it's rather unusual. It may not make sense to you but it is true.

It makes me so sad that such a thing was done. :dang

I hope he doesn't buy another! :wah

djangolad

I cant believe someone just suggested that there is a man out there, popping the necks off of 1959 Les Pauls, so he can play them out somewhere. I have
heard a lot of ridiculous guitar myths in my time, but I got to say, that's a a dandy !

So you act like a wanker and try to ridicule someone whom you don't know, or upon a circumstance you have no contrary information on, when you come across something different. Removing a neck to protect the most vulnerable part of a LP is not as far fetched as your limited imagination makes out. Quite an odd thing for anyone to make up a myth about don't you think?

djangolad

He may as well do what Francis Rossi from Status Quo used to do to his Teles so no one would pinch them: he'd drill large holes through the bodies of his guitars. Has the same effect: you end up with a great sounding and playing but almost worthless guitar. Makes no sense to me.
I don't think you can equate drilling holes in guitar, to having a working, touring Burst's original neck replaced until such time as you wish to sell it. Anyway it's a fact!