The Fender Forum
NEW! LPF Facebook Page
LilyPix
Merchandise & Donations
NEW! Burst Serial Log Home Page
LPF Homesite
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Ed King's "Redeye." One of the most iconic (and best sounding!) bursts on the pla

That looks wonderful, and nice video too to give us a snapshot of how it must sound like in person.
    Thanks CD & Ed!

Re: Ed King's "Redeye." One of the most iconic (and best sounding!) bursts on the pla

Charlie, what was the neck like? The reason I ask is that I tried a Redeye up at Dave's last year and was kind of shocked at how large the neck was (played a Greg Martin the same day and that was one super comfortable neck). It was almost shaped like a 57 Goldtop RI (big, round, fat). IIRC I thought Ed said something about later in the run, they changed a few things and he was not particularly happy about it (after #80 or so). Not trying to cast asparagus on anything but how did it feel?

Les Paul Forum Member 57Strat777's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EdKing View Post
    Don't look for any fast playing. I don't know how.

https://www.facebook.com/ed.king.526...55471440949185

Ed, Thanks for posting that video. That's the magic right there. Thanks to you I bought a Carr Mercury V. What an incredible amp!! I got the head version. Here's a quick video with the attenuator set at about 1 watt.

https://youtu.be/Qngra7e4asE

Last edited by 57Strat777; 09-18-17 at 04:38 AM.

Les Paul Forum Member Pellman73's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 57Strat777 View Post
    Ed, Thanks for posting that video. That's the magic right there. Thanks to you I bought a Carr Mercury V head. What an incredible amp!! I got the head version. Here's a quick video with the attenuator set at about 1 watt.

https://youtu.be/Qngra7e4asE

those amps are made right up the road from me. it seems wrong that I don't have one yet

digging the mercury V head there. really nice guys too

OK! I Love that and I have a Theile! I may get one and hit a 15" JBL with it as well. I like it better with your Theile than the combo and wondered about that. The Carr amps in the combo cabs have something I don't care for in the sound which I describe as a pronounced K sound in the back of the throat. This corrects it while still keeping the Carr sounds I like. Now I gotta decide between this and the Swart Stupor AST Beasty Thingy if I can figure which one the Professor and Mary Anne use.
    Renderit, You have an interesting perspective and your posts aren't boring...
    Ren, all in all, I'm giving you a C- today's posts...
    Most of what you write with regards to my posts is cryptic nonsensical gibberish like this. I would prefer if you actually added something to the conversation but hey, I haven't walked in your shoes. So being as nice as possible: I look at your posts as if I was dealing with an eccentric cousin who comes to visit unannounced.

Les Paul Forum Member 57Strat777's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by renderit View Post
    OK! I Love that and I have a Theile! I may get one and hit a 15" JBL with it as well. I like it better with your Theile than the combo and wondered about that. The Carr amps in the combo cabs have something I don't care for in the sound which I describe as a pronounced K sound in the back of the throat. This corrects it while still keeping the Carr sounds I like. Now I gotta decide between this and the Swart Stupor AST Beasty Thingy if I can figure which one the Professor and Mary Anne use.

Thanks for listening, Renderit. I am happy you liked it.

I have always liked a closed back cab for the tight bass and focused tone, and at my age anything more than 35 lbs is bound to cause me some back pain.

You have some music in your hands there sir! I hope someday to have 1/10th as much! Cool.
    Renderit, You have an interesting perspective and your posts aren't boring...
    Ren, all in all, I'm giving you a C- today's posts...
    Most of what you write with regards to my posts is cryptic nonsensical gibberish like this. I would prefer if you actually added something to the conversation but hey, I haven't walked in your shoes. So being as nice as possible: I look at your posts as if I was dealing with an eccentric cousin who comes to visit unannounced.

Les Paul Forum Member

OFF
    THE
    CHARTS !!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12