• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Ed King's "Redeye." One of the most iconic (and best sounding!) bursts on the planet!

Doc Sausage

Re: Ed King's "Redeye." One of the most iconic (and best sounding!) bursts on the pla

In a word, stunning.

Luke Gibson

Re: Ed King's "Redeye." One of the most iconic (and best sounding!) bursts on the pla

Easy on the eyes as well.....

akstrat61

Simply stunning!:dude:

joeh77

Can't say anything that hasn't been said already.

Joe

MWR

:salude:salude:salude:salude

zorglub!

Burst Detective!

Fantastic photos, many thanks for sharing!

refin

Great story and pics,thanks for sharing!

MapleFlame

Awesome photos Charlie. I wonder who came up with the name of the guitar, hmmmmšŸ¤”šŸ˜

Strings Jr.

Amazing guitar!

Do we know if Ed used it on any Skynyrd sessions?

garywright

DSC_1535-XL.jpg

fantastic pix CD ...this patriotic one having amber waves of Flame is stunning

JPP-1

Charlie, your pictures are amazing. You should consider doing a coffee table book of Bursts.

I bought the electronic version of Beauty of the Burst and while there are a multitude of gorgeous Les Pauls, the resolution is pretty awful. Maybe the print version is better. Anyway, having hi res shoots of some of these beautiful guitars, yours, Ed's Tom's, Joe Bonamassa's and a few others on the forum, you'd have a pretty nice cross section of bursts.

I had the pleasure, along with my good buddies J.D. Simo and Elad Shapiro, of visiting with another good buddy, Ed King yesterday at his home outside of Nashville.
As you would expect, with a bunch of guitar nerds like us, we sat around playing many of Ed's killer guitars, among them a recently acquired 65 Tele Custom that was to die for (and ashamedly I didn't photograph it).
After playing around for awhile Ed broke out Redeye. WHAT A GUITAR! That guitar is among THE very best sounding bursts that I've ever had the joy of playing. It really is incredible. It was fun watching Elad (a fantastic bass player) finally "get it" with regard to what all the fuss is about with a phenomenal sounding original burst. He couldn't stop raving about it.
After jamming around on it for awhile, Ed gave me the honor of photographing it. I was especially proud of this particular photo shoot, because I took all of these in about 3 minutes. It was a bright day, and we didn't want Redeye to fade at all.
After all of that, we sat in his back yard and smoked some killer Cubans.
All in all, a REALLY fun day!

DSC_1511-XL.jpg

DSC_1525-XL.jpg

DSC_1553-XL.jpg

DSC_1559-XL.jpg

DSC_1570-XL.jpg

DSC_1576-XL.jpg

DSC_1591-XL.jpg

DSC_1535-XL.jpg

DSC_1528-XL.jpg

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner

Charlie, your pictures are amazing. You should consider doing a coffee table book of Bursts.

I bought the electronic version of Beauty of the Burst and while there are a multitude of gorgeous Les Pauls, the resolution is pretty awful. Maybe the print version is better. Anyway, having hi res shoots of some of these beautiful guitars, yours, Ed's Tom's, Joe Bonamassa's and a few others on the forum, you'd have a pretty nice cross section of bursts.

You should check out the Burst Believers series of books [three so far] by Vic DaPra. Charlie has lots of contributions in all three. :salude

slammintone

Man, that top is breathtaking! The old flamey maple can be so wickedly distinctive on the Bursts. Never fail to be impressed by CDs photographic spreads either. Thanks for sharing!!:salude

Bouldergold

Are there any popular songs Ed used THIS guitar on ..or did this come years after LSkynyrd?

Stoj

Thanks for sharing Ed & Charlie :salude

The Shifter

Mesmerizing. Intoxicating.

sglp63

Awesome guitar and pics.

There also seems to be a bit of red left around the lower volume knob - I wonder why that is the case.