• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

2017 LP Traditional ( Sweetwater edition )

larrykwilliams

I had been searching for a LP to go with my R9 and my '76 BB. I thought I wanted another Historic but figured something different would be better.

I decided on this Traditional (Sweetwater edition). The Sweetwater gets AAA Top, '57 Classics, top hats with pointers. 8 lbs, 7 oz!!!!

This thing feels, sounds and plays every bit as good as my Historic. Wow!!!

Angle%20Front_zpsrrn4w4zq.jpg

1all's Pub

Dang! Perfection! :wow
(well, once you get a poker chip on it :spabout )

HNGD!:applaude

larrykwilliams

Poker chip is going on tonight!

It also has old school wiring, no PCB, and Sprague Orange Drop caps.

it's built the way a Les Paul should be built!

Last edited:

larrykwilliams

What's the neck profile like?

Well, of course, Gibson says "50s profile". It is a little chunky but not huge. I have owned R7, R8, R9 and R0 guitars. I would put it really close to my current R9. (A previous R9 was huge.) The rolled edges make it feel like it has been played for years.

I will probably get my caliper out tomorrow and give you and exact measurement.

sonofthesouth

I have one also Great guitar mine is Honey Burst. Note : mine was advertised as having 57 classic pups, but the tone wasn't what I thought a 57 classic should sound like ? pulled them they marked Burst Busters ? I have swaped out Pups with RS Guitarworks/Fralin True 60's. That got me more Classic tone I was after.Also replaced all the chrome hardware with aged nickel. Anyone else have this happen with pickups ?

Last edited:

zombiwoof

I noticed that Sweetwater doesn't have the finish you have or the one other I liked the first time I checked, not crazy about what finishes they have at the moment. Do you know if they are going to have any more of these in the other finishes, or was that guitar model limited to what they had in stock?. I believe you have the Ice Tea, and there was a lighter more subtle burst color that was there for about 5 minutes and is now gone.
thanks,
Al