• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Anyone Make Great Long Shaft Pots?

TM1

Since I got my new Travis Bean Artist 3 weeks back, I've been wondering if any of the new pots that have been coming out are available in a long shaft version. The new TBG's have a bit thicker top than the `70's originals and although I could route the inside of the cavity for short shaft pots, I'd rather not. I would like to find some long shafts that read 550K(or so) with a vintage Centralab taper.
Anyone know if such a long shaft pot is being made?
Thanks!

Emiel

Since I got my new Travis Bean Artist 3 weeks back, I've been wondering if any of the new pots that have been coming out are available in a long shaft version. The new TBG's have a bit thicker top than the `70's originals and although I could route the inside of the cavity for short shaft pots, I'd rather not. I would like to find some long shafts that read 550K(or so) with a vintage Centralab taper.
Anyone know if such a long shaft pot is being made?
Thanks!

Yes! Look for the CTS TVT (True Vintage Taper) pots. I think Larry Corsa sells them in the USA.

TM1

Yes! Look for the CTS TVT (True Vintage Taper) pots. I think Larry Corsa sells them in the USA.

Emiel; Thanks for the tip!! I will check that out right away!

BigM

After using standard CTS pots for years i decided to try the TVT version (from Crazyparts.de) I found the taper to be much more abrupt than the normal CTS pots. Turning from 2 to 3 made it go from go to Whoa!! As a player who rides the volume a lot it made it tough for me in a live situation. The standard CTS i've bought from stew mac have had issues with reliability. I've had several go crackly quite quickly.

M