• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Flipping over a righty TOM guitar: possible?

benjamin801

Just like the title says: is it possible to take a right-handed guitar with a tune-o-matic bridge, flip it lefty, and get it to intonate properly? Basically, do the individual adjustable saddles have enough play to overcome the bridge being angled the way it is? For purposes of this question, assume it's 24.75" scale and that the guitar is perfectly capable of proper intonation for a righty.

I understand the answer may be "sometimes," but on the off chance the answer is "absolutely not" or "almost always yes," I figured I'd ask some Gibson experts.

The Angle

I think you could get away with it, BUT you might need to take the bridge apart and reverse one or more individual saddles on their adjusting screws. That would buy you more length on the short side.

Steve

benjamin801

I think you could get away with it, BUT you might need to take the bridge apart and reverse one or more individual saddles on their adjusting screws. That would buy you more length on the short side.

Steve

Hah, never even thought if that. Good idea! Thank you.