• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Behind the magic - Gibson custom shop video

Fan of LP

That's a great video! Makes me want to go downstairs and pick up my Historic right away. In fact, I think I will go do that right now. Thanks for sharing!

Xpensive Wino

Hmm.

I heard the Custom Shop is no more and there won't be any more True Historics, CC models etc.

AA00475Bassman

Thanks for for posting , has Gibson released all CS employees or just management ? IMO you can always find managers or directors , the skilled craftsmen in the video are the real key to the CS shop .

lpthomas

Thanks for for posting , has Gibson released all CS employees or just management ? IMO you can always find managers or directors , the skilled craftsmen in the video are the real key to the CS shop .

Neither is correct, I'd say. There are still managers and custom orders being built by the team. Wouldn't make sense to me if the new limited runs or dealer runs were built by the regular staff. Quality seems to be no different from 2016 and before.

Regarding the CS being no more — simply not true.

Elmore

Thanks for posting that video. I have always thought of Les Paul Standards as works of art. Much more so than Fenders. A Tele has great tone, there is no denying that. A Les Paul Standard just oozes quality and care. People will always like that. Long live Gibson!

BEKAY

Very much enjoyed this...
Thx for Sharing :)

It's seem a bit bittersweet now that Edwin is gone I must say.