• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Using the custom shop logo on a solo cd

konrad gibson

I have a recorded a cd and working on cd booklet´s artwork. Think about to use Gibson custom shop logo and fender on the gear´s page. Permitted? Thanx for answeringDSC_0409 (2)schrift.jpg

Bob Womack

The only way to find out is to contact Fender and Gibson. What might seem fairly straightforward can end up mired in legal poop. I'd suggest asking the two companies' PR departments rather than the legal departments. Legal folks start with "no." PR people want to say "yes" to make the customer happy and will often do the leg work for you to make it happen. I ran into this with another guitar manufacturer when I asked to use their marks on a forum. I contacted customer service and got a NO. Another fellow contacted the PR department and, after they did the corporate work for him, he got a YES.

Bob

El Gringo

I would not use a copyrighted logo, and if you ask Gibson or Fender I would be most shocked if they allowed the use of there logos .

J T

I would say you need their permission if you are putting it on something that you will be selling weather it be a cd or a service or whatever. I would not do it.

lpthomas

I think a record should represent you as the artist, not any companies—no matter how cool they are. Besides that, Gibson should not allow anyone to use their logo on something, with which they don't have anything to do..