• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

FENDER FACTORY LOCATIONS?

jamesrivard

Hi there,

I have a friend who insists there was a Fender guitar factory on the east coast, specifically, New Jersey. This was supposed to be in the 60's - 70's.

He has a Telecaster that he claims was given to him in 1972 by an employee with the last name of Destefano. (Sp?) Not sure of his first name.

Might anyone have any information regarding this? Was there ever a Fender factory on the east coast?

I will make a separate post with a few pictures of the guitar shortly.

Thanks...

Demo Video

sws1

There is a somewhat well-known guy by the name of Rob DiStefano in NJ who works on Fenders, and who appears to build Fender-like guitars without the Fender logo.

Don't know if he ever worked at Fender.

El Gringo

The only Fender plants that I know were in Fullerton California until the sale of the plant and the move into the new place in Corona California .

VamboRool

They have also had factories in Mexico, Japan, China, Korea (South), India, Indonesia, Malaysia and probably others. Amazing how many countries they have had production in. USA production in California and Arizona as far as I know.