• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Pickup Truck

Mr.Zero78

Anybody own pickup trucks here? I am looking to buy a Tonneau Cover for my 2011 Ford Ranger XLT. What brand of retractable tonneau cover can you recommend?

J T

I owned a Ranger a few years ago. I put a fiberglass cap on that one. I got a Tundra a few years later and put a Leer tri fold on it. It was good but the catches for under the rails were a bit awkward. I have a RAM now with the stock trifold and it is really good. Keeps everything dry and the latches are tight.

Nowadays, third party covers like Leer are a good choice, there are many makes out there, but make sure it latches ok under the rail. Those roll up ones give you more room in the bed when they are rolled up but that velcro sticky stuff just doesn't hold up. If you are going to get a headache bar, or ladder rack, the soft cover isn't going to work because it covers up the stake holes in the rail.

Sometimes these are on sale at Cabelas but expect to pay about 300 at least.

Realtruck is another place to get them. I dealt with them a few years ago and the sales guy there was awesome.

renderit

I put an aluminum Lazerlite on mine and I love them. They are painted body color and wok fantastic. They can easily be removed if you need to but are not retractable. I have had 2 before and now have one on my GMC. One person can lift them though 2 is much easier to set it aside. I install them myself rather than paying to have it done. They come with instructions. Mine does not leak either, though NONE guarantee that.

http://lazerlitecovers.com

Grog

My last truck, I checked out almost all of the brands of fiberglass lids. They were all about the same price. I found ARE brand to be the best lid for the buck. They were designed to match the hood & seemed to have the best quality. I hauled my gear in it many times, never got wet or stolen in over ten years.