• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

2017 Gibson Les Paul Standard 1959 Reissue Dirty Lemon VOS

hbreaze

Killer Top and Color! (Stock #1086)

The 2017s are finally here and worth the weight. Gibson has merged the True Historic and Standard Historic lines. They are now just called Custom Shop Standards. They will still have a 56, 57, 58, 59, and 60 versions. They have all True Historic specs with the exception of the hand sanded finish. The finish is very thin and look as good as I have ever seen from Gibson.

This particular guitar is a 1959 version. It is a absolutely incredible guitar. From what I've seen these may be the best reissues to date. The top is killer. It has very deep 3D flame with lots of movement and incredible flecking. The new dirty lemon color looks great. It is a very vintage looking color. The color, top, and true historic parts combine to make this one look right. The tone on this one is huge. It rings like a bell unplugged and sings when plugged in. It is very clear while keeping good richness and woodiness. The neck is a nice medium C, and is the best profile I have played on a normal reissue. This one is in like new condition.

Neck Measurements: .908@1st and 1.012@12th

Weight: 8lbs 14 ounces

Comes with OHSC, Tags, and COA

$5345 Shipped

fullsizeoutput_12bd_zpsbeprutd2.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_129e_zpsxjkugxy6.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_12d5_zpsuyrgvylu.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_12d0_zpsuey3carg.jpeg