• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

"Painted over" Les Pauls

Xpensive Wino

CSLPSTDPSL11072_MAIN_HERO_01.jpg

http://www.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/2017/Custom/Les-Paul-Standard-Painted-Over.aspx

Big Al

Eh, it's an option for thems that like this kinda thing. Like many cosmetic treatments that I find daft, like fake aging and this paint over, I have the option to opt out and those that find it cool or desirable have the option to indulge.

I have no problems with options or factory custom runs. It wasn't done for me.

Kris Ford

It screams FENDER to me..

Besides the Black Burst..I really don't equate that sort of thing with Gibson one iota..

Elmore

Would like to see the sales numbers on these after a year. I do not see that as an attractive option for guitars that cost 3K and up. If it were done to Classics, I can see it working.

Kiko

Back to the drawing board Gibson guys, you can do better than this :)

SpencerD

Am I the only one who thinks the black Standard is a not too subtle ripoff of the John Sykes Custom?

Which is a Norlin factory second actually. :laugh2:

Big Al

Am I the only one who thinks the black Standard is a not too subtle ripoff of the John Sykes Custom?

Which is a Norlin factory second actually. :laugh2:

Yep. Probably the only one.

Progrocker111

Wow, another thoughtful, inovative product from Gibson which will last max. 1 year. :laugh2:

Wilko

All Access/Backstage Pass
Painted over. hmmm.

Isn't it easier/cheaper just to stamp a "2" on the headstock and sell it as-is?

Texas Blues

I'd ask this question to Henry.

"Are you or your marketing dept. on drugs? If you or they answer NO, then maybe you and they should be."

Stop making up crap and trying to sell what you think we want and give us what we really want.

How about just a 50's spec Les Paul standard with no wham wham's or zuzu's that plays great, sounds great, and for a price I don't have to take out a second mortgage.

Why is that so difficult?

Have mercy.

deytookerjaabs

Yep. Probably the only one.

I've seen a decent number of seconds especially from the later half of the 70's but at the same time I was never able to find the flaw in the finish of any of them. takes a real keen eye I imagine.

guitplayer

This, although not stamped a "2" appears to have the CC cut
too deep. Maybe mineral streaks in this locale might cause this.
Or just the thinness of the maple cap.

Doc Sausage

And only $6,000.00! What a bargain for an aerosol overhaul! If you sold one factory second, it's pure genius. Otherwise they were on the way to the scrap heap...or sold as blemished for a mere $2K. :rolleyes:

clearmudd

Might as well make one with Van Halen stripes, FR, and eye bolts for strap locks and call it Artist Inspired.:spabout