• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Epiphone Flying V Brent Hinds Signature

Journeyman

I bought for my silver birthday a Silverburst Flying V , the Epiphone Brent Hinds Signature , in the Classic 58 Outfit (including Fat 58 Neck , Sensationel !)

Epiphone-by-Gibson-Brent-Hinds-Flying-V-Custom-162427520098.html

(i cannot upload my own photos ..)
This Epiphone Model is Unbelievable Cool , specially the Lace Hammer Claw PU´s are Incredible versatile , clean and "mean" and everything between , no problem .
The two Guitar Wizzards of Mastodon (Brent Hinds and Bill Kelliher ) playing some REAL cool Gibson Guitars and Brent Hinds got this Silverburst from the gibson Custom Shop (He also play the Epiphone Model Live )
The price was 680 Euro (780 $ ? ) and for THAT money ,it´s unbelievable cool what you get ..a PERFECT Playable 12" Ebony board with absolut perfect finished frets , Super nice looking finish (of course no Nitro laquer , but its really well done )
Grover Tuners , Special PU´s from Lace , Kill pot , SUPER Sounding , Super Looking Guitar , i Love this Babe , and i have some expensive Guitars too from 7ender and Gibson too
i can say Epiphone Indonesia build great great guitars ..i mean if you want such a silver burst from gibson , you have to pay WAY more than 700 bucks , and its Definetley a Serious Axe
:dude:

Thundermtn

Right on! I have the same guitar and it punches WAY above it's price tag and does sound incredible. It's easily better than my Gibson USA V and is top two for every guitar I own for tone. Congrats. Now if we could just get them to hurry up with a hard case haha

Journeyman

Congratiulations :salude
I am a fan of Mastodon since 2003 their Brilliant "Leviathan" Album came out , the Guitar work of both axemen (Brent and Bill) is just AWESOME and in June i will see em the second time live
What catches me from beginning is that both guitarists have a very cool taste which affects guitars , and the first moment i realize that 58 Silverburst V was the Gear vid of Mastodon :

i ask Gibson ..they say they couldn´t make it so i ask them what the hell is the problem :peace2(so cool )
Or his Gibson Custom "Les Paul" (Which is actually a SG but back then this model was still a Les Paul)
you can see it here , Brent play the Custom in the first Song (Divinations)
This Cremewhite SG deluxe is just a dream of a guitar (and the band kicks ass , the Drummer ..omg :dude:)