• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Embedding videos

Foggy72

I've been posting videos here since the software became available. A week ago I tried to embed one in a thread and was unsuccessful. I thought maybe YouTube has a setting to not share certain videos. Well now I don't think that's the case, because I've noticed I can't see ANY videos anymore on the LPF. I only see a black square where it's supposed to be. Prior to a week ago, everything was fine.
Anyone else having this problem? :dang

Foggy72

What browser/operating system are you using?

Is your flash player up to date?

I'm using Windows 7 which is more or less up to date. Flash Player not so much because in the past I have gotten malware from sites with a "flash player update".

I'll attempt to find a reliable source and try that. Thanks.

Foggy72

Well Flash was updated but no dice. So I installed the whole thing again (FP 25) and also got Google Chrome (didn't ask for it). I use Internet Explorer, but am replying to this thread now in Google Chrome, and videos work here. I'm missing my favorites bar down the left hand side but I can adjust to their format. Thanks again, Wino. :salude

Foggy72

Not to beat this to death but I finally found the problem. A year ago there was some little problem with accessing the LPF so I went into IE's Tools section and added in LPF to their compatibility section. That fixed whatever it was. I just remove those entries now and all is back to normal.:jim