• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Gibson Memphis Showroom Experience

Fried okra

So, I am at Gibson Memphis today and I am noodling around with all the Guitars and I start playing a Freddie King ES 335. I decided to buy it at the advertised tagged price and tagged 10% discount. So I told the young boy, Kyle, I'll take it. He then refused the 10% discount and would not honor it, also acted an @$$. So I said let me talk to Mike Voltz about it, and he said shit'ily "I don't work for Mike" and walked off. Not cool. Also said, they just made them that week, the strings were freaking corroded man!!!! Anyway, just wanted to vent. Not like I don't buy a lot of Gibson's.

Last edited:

deytookerjaabs

Hey, in fairness, at least the company showroom is consistent with the big outlet mall dealer attitudes :laugh2:

But yeah, that sucks, and also those are really sweet ES's. Ah the Gibson Paradox.

marshall1987

Kyle are you listening? Having a bad day?

Don't be dissin' Fried Ocra. Memphis is sitting atop a fault zone according to the USGS. One of those sink holes could open up at any minute.

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
So, I am at Gibson Memphis today and I am noodling around with all the Guitars and I start playing a Freddie King ES 335. I decided to buy it at the advertised tagged price and tagged 10% discount. So I told the young boy, Kyle, I'll take it. He then refused the 10% discount and would not honor it, also acted an @$$. So I said let me talk to Mike Voltz about it, and he said shit'ily "I don't work for Mike" and walked off. Not cool. Also said, they just made them that week, the strings were freaking corroded man!!!! Anyway, just wanted to vent. Not like I don't buy a lot of Gibson's.

Whip out your phone, set to video and ask again. :ganz

bern1

I sadly had a similar bad experience in that showroom a couple of years ago. Sorry to hear nothing has changed.

Fortunately there is a lot of older Gibson product out there that is competitively priced.

ourmaninthenorth

Got to be honest Kris, I'd have been gone at the refusal of the tagged discount bit. Got no time for these acrobatics, and even less for dealing with cheeky kids...

Bloody hell...I think I've turned into me Dad.....:laugh2::laugh2: