• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Fender Custom Shop Masterbuilt by Paul Weller Rosewood Tele

El Gringo

8.2lbs, 2 piece East Indian Rosewood with a thin slice of maple ,No Swiss Cheese ,Solid East Indian Rosewood neck ,9.5 radius ,6105 fretwire , 2 Custom Hand wound Texas Specials pickups . A truly magical instrument from the Dream Factory at Fender Custom Shop ,Masterbuilt by Paul Weller .

Big Al

Looks like the one I'm building, except mine has the maple skunk stripe truss rod plug and is one piece neck. These have always been my fantasy guitar. I just am nuts about them. Do you just love it? Makes me moist.:salude:hank:hank

El Gringo

Looks like the one I'm building, except mine has the maple skunk stripe truss rod plug and is one piece neck. These have always been my fantasy guitar. I just am nuts about them. Do you just love it? Makes me moist.:salude:hank:hank
I love this guitar so much .I have to say this guitar screams with tone . I know some will not like this(even though I have four Fender amps at home also) but I run it thru my Marshall 2555X and next to my R9 this guitar rocks like it's nobody business . This is my first non maple neck Fender guitar as I have 3 maple neck Strats and one maple neck Tele , but this was killer right from the get go .The neck feels so good and so smooth .My second favorite next to my beloved Les Paul as this was my first electric as a kid . The pickups work so well with the rosewood .I did have some question of the tone and feel of a all Rosewood Tele .To me it does have some Fender Twang meets a Gibson with a thicker more meatier tone like a Gibson but still in the Fender family if that makes sense . I mostly play this on the bridge pickup for that flavor .All in all a great guitar that I wanted for it's unique signature .

El Gringo

I have to admit as a little bit of background that I am a big Rolling Stones fan and I do like the Beatles but not the same as the Stones .So the past few years when the Jimmy Vivino led Fab Faux comes to my neck of the woods I always go check them out and have meet and talked guitars and amps with Jimmy on several occasions and he is the best .So a few years ago the Fab Faux played the Toyota Theatre in CT . Jimmy played a Fender Rosewood Tele and after the show when we were talking I asked about his and said to him that is a Fender Custom Shop guitar and he said NO it was one of the orginal ones built in late 68 early 69 .Fender built one for George Harrison which he used on the rooftop final performance with the Beatles January 69 ,they built one for Jimi Hendrix .So Jimmy Vivino has one of these and after I seen him playing that night at the Toyota the idea was hatched in my head that I had to have a Rosewood Tele .This is not part of the special run Fender Custom did as a tribute and honor to the late great George Harrison as I did not like the specs on that one which if I remember the fretboard radius was the 7.25 , the neck had a skunk stripe ,I was not crazy with the pickups used and I did not like the Rosewood they had selected for the special run (also one of my major pet peeves is that everything has to be period correct ,I have seen over the years a few Rosewood Teles with the pre CBS spaghetti logo, the pre CBS gears , neck plates without the CBS Fender F) .So I choose my rosewood , choose the hand wound Texas Specials (as I already had them in my 52 reissue butterscotch Tele ) choose the more modern spec fretboard radius of 9.5, with the large 59 C neck (just don't like the smaller necks , as I like a nice size neck ,nice and meaty ,which I also believe factors into the over all tone of the instrument ) The best part of this is that this was a one off that masterbuilder Paul Weller built for me with all of the Vintage correct specs for a CBS Fender guitar , from the 3ply laminated black pickguard the transition Fender headstock logo , the four bolt neckplate with the CBS Fender F ,The CBS headstock tuners with the F ,6105 medium jumbo fretwire , a Black Fender Tolex case with the orange interior . I really love this guitar and in some way reminds me of the riffmaster himself KEEF, Keith Richards which he had a Ted Newman Jones made Rosewood Tele which is talked about with photographs in the Guitars and amps book and equipment book by the author Mark Kubicki (that is what I believe is his name and not sure of the exact title of the book , he also did a book on the Beatles equipment also) Did I say that I love this guitar (p.s. my first and really true love is Gibson Les Pauls )