• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

This Is Why You Don't Judge a Book by It's Cover.....L@@K at Her Go!

marshall1987

This Is Why You Don't Judge a Book by It's Cover....

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/W-WKOeZLfBE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

thin sissy

That kind of title always makes me cringe. The uploader probably thinks he/she is doing a "good" thing, but is in fact just calling the person ugly. And also, is it surprising that ugly people are good at things?

Every time I'm on youtube, the site tries to recommend stuff like this with fat people on talent shows. I never watch them since I don't want to increase the views on the videos. Unfortunately that means that I can't watch this, so I can't comment on the video... :)

BTW Marshall, this is not meant as a stab at you, please don't take it the wrong way. You saw a video that you wanted to share with us, which is cool :dude:

darkwave

That kind of title always makes me cringe. The uploader probably thinks he/she is doing a "good" thing, but is in fact just calling the person ugly. And also, is it surprising that ugly people are good at things?

Every time I'm on youtube, the site tries to recommend stuff like this with fat people on talent shows. I never watch them since I don't want to increase the views on the videos. Unfortunately that means that I can't watch this, so I can't comment on the video... :)

BTW Marshall, this is not meant as a stab at you, please don't take it the wrong way. You saw a video that you wanted to share with us, which is cool :dude:

I wouldn't assume it implied "ugly" - more that the player didn't look like the typical tan pants, Hawaiian shirted, hat donning blooze-guy.

I saw Joanna once a few years ago in Chicago, wasn't really my thing. Too much hamming it up and loud rock cliches for my taste - but she is certainly a capable player and doing what she needs to stand out and have a career.

-Douglas C.

darkwave

Good lord , is everybody here a dyed in the wool buzzkill?

Well, sorry you took it that way. When I saw her it was at Kingston Mines and another act was in a separate room. The other act was much more enjoyable for me, but I never said there was anything bad about her - she's working hard and building a loyal fanbase. Great for her!

-Douglas C.

Texas Blues

Many members of this forum can only wish to have a live show uploaded to YouTube from a fan.

Let that girl boogie woogie.

Have mercy.

mustachio

That was awesome. Search who won the NPR Tiny Desk Concert for 2016. THAT is really incredible.

thin sissy

Just to clarify: my rant was just about how I dislike clickbait titles and articles :)

Elliot Easton

I wonder what the comments would be about Sister Rosetta Tharpe (Who I happen to think is adorable) if she were a new artist in today's world. For one thing, society's preference for a certain body image has changed over the years. Look at a pic of bathing beauties from the '30's or '40's. They would be considered too fat to even compete today!

Last edited:

SpencerD

I wonder what the comments would be about Sister Rosetta Tharpe if she were a new artist in today's world. For one thing, society's preference for a certain body image has changed over the years. Look at a pic of bathing beauties from the '30's or '40's. They would be considered too fat to even compete today!

Right on Easton!

That tall skinny sunglasses wearing fellow with an eastern European surname and a weird haircut was kind of shit on when y'all started your thing. People were wrong man. Your band broke down some barriers.

"New Wave" or whatever they called it back then. All I know is that I like the songs to this day.

Moving In Stereo. Are you kidding me man? Not much is better than that.

SpencerD

Right on Easton!

How about these guys man? Caught some shit for being weird and looking different than arena rawk screaming talentless monkeys.

Those people were wrong.

Thanks dude.

EDIT-- crap -- just saw that i double did this thing.sorry..can someone delete one? thanks.don't know how.

Last edited:

Pat Boyack

Good for Joanna! She has always been a badass.....for decades. She is not anything new and the fact that she gets props for being overweight AND having a talent is just asinine. No offense to the poster but being over weight for most of my life I have dealt with this type of thing from being called "Meat Loaf" to "Leslie West" and it wasn't for my talent. Being viewed as lazy, ugly and stupid for a disorder is tiring and defeating. Yes folks, it is a disorder that has triggers like any addiction or anxiety. I can't tell you how many times I was told I should eat healthy and exercise by a person smoking a cigarette or even worse a heroin addict!! LOL

Do yourself a favor and dig deeper into Joanna's music. She goes way back.

F-Hole

I don't give a shit what she looks like............I just really don't dig her playing.....at all.

No biggie, she won't care.....and nor should she.

Pat Boyack

I don't give a shit what she looks like............I just really don't dig her playing.....at all.

No biggie, she won't care.....and nor should she.

I understand. I feel like that about others.

SpencerD

Atlanta Rhythm Section.

Been great for a million years right? Ain't no pretty boys in that band,there are badass longtime professional musicians in that band.