LilyPix
Merchandise & Donations
NEW! Burst Serial Log Home Page
LPF Homesite
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Aged True Historic VS True Historic

Quote Originally Posted by indravayu View Post
    No, I'm not banned from there, troll.

You're obviously too slow to understand that by "blooze lawyer" I was making fun of losers attempting to prosecute me on this forum as if they're lawyers and this is a court of law.
    You should take it easy with the incessant name calling. Arguing over guitars, points of view etc is one thing. Personal attacks is another.

Seriously. If you call someone a loser to their face, well, you may not be the most mature person but at least you have balls. Doing it online is just cowardly and pathetic.

Les Paul Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JPP-1 View Post
    You should take it easy with the incessant name calling. Arguing over guitars, points of view etc is one thing. Personal attacks is another.

Seriously. If you call someone a loser to their face, well, you may not be the most mature person but at least you have balls. Doing it online is just cowardly and pathetic.
    LOL - yes, I have balls in real life, too. The Army taught me to give zero f**ks about bigmouths.

Les Paul Forum Member clearmudd's Avatar

LOL - yes, I have balls in real life, too. The Army taught me to give zero f**ks about bigmouths.
    I guess it's a different Army than what I remember.

Les Paul Forum Member

What the Army didn't teach you is when to keep your mouth shut, I do give you credit for having balls Chris, I saw your YouTube video, posting that definitely took balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    When I talked with him he told me he looks for a certain type top. Best is subjective and has no bearing on overall quality of the guitar. He picks ones he likes the look of, that is all.
    How could he. When would he find time to actually age them if he has to play and tone test the thousands of historics each year to select the best ones available. Even if he could say work 24 hours a day, how does this tone testing add to Gibson's bottom line.
    I agree with both, however I would also comment that at the point it leaves his hands I am sure he has done everything in his power to make sure nothing with his name on it is a "tone turd". And I am pretty sure if he discovers one it don't make it out of his shop. I mean that's the way I'd do it. Maybe he don't care, but I doubt it.

I am beginning to see your point JPP. I withdraw from the defense. Please proceed to bury what you found in the sandbox...
    Renderit, You have an interesting perspective and your posts aren't boring...
    Ren, all in all, I'm giving you a C- today's posts...

Seems people who own both types would tell you that the aged ones are better. I guess their opinions are more legit, regardless you agree or disagree.

Although I think TH is the best sounding LP out there, to me the uniqueness of CC is always being the eternal temptation for not buying a TH.
    Guitars:
    2017 Les Paul CC#46 (soon hopefully)
    2016 ES-335 1959 CS
    2016 ES-335 1963 CS
    2016 Les Paul Standard
    2015 Les Paul CC#24
    2014 Les Paul Standard Historic
    2014 Les Paul CC#17
    1989 ES-335 Studio Red
    1989 ES-335 Studio Black
    2006 Telecaster Standard
    1980 Guild D50

Amps:
    Half of Twin Reverb : )

Quote Originally Posted by renderit View Post
    I agree with both, however I would also comment that at the point it leaves his hands I am sure he has done everything in his power to make sure nothing with his name on it is a "tone turd". And I am pretty sure if he discovers one it don't make it out of his shop. I mean that's the way I'd do it. Maybe he don't care, but I doubt it.

I am beginning to see your point JPP. I withdraw from the defense. Please proceed to bury what you found in the sandbox...
    I don't know, Ren. He does a cosmetic effect only and that effect is what is sold. I found the TH line to be quite remarkable, in general, as well as the 2013 and 14 R Series. I think maybe those that own one tend to feel they are more special. I own neither and found no predisposition to a generalised tonal greatness in either one.
    Just another grumpy, gimpy, grizzled geezer, gettin' on the goodfoot!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12