The Fender Forum
NEW! LPF Facebook Page
LilyPix
Merchandise & Donations
NEW! Burst Serial Log Home Page
LPF Homesite

Electro Harmonix English Muff'n Volume Drop Off...........................

just as the title says, I have an EHX English Muff'n that I have installed new NOS tubes and this unit sounds amazing. However, i am experiencing intermittent volume drop off. Does anyone have any ideas or give me direction on what to check? Thanks.

Re: Electro Harmonix English Muff'n Volume Drop Off...........................

Quote Originally Posted by JeffBlue View Post
    just as the title says, I have an EHX English Muff'n that I have installed new NOS tubes and this unit sounds amazing. However, i am experiencing intermittent volume drop off. Does anyone have any ideas or give me direction on what to check? Thanks.
    might be the switch. Has been the culprit for me every time, assuming the power supply is good.

Re: Electro Harmonix English Muff'n Volume Drop Off...........................

Thanks for your reply Mr. Walker. It must have been a dirty pin or socket because swapping the NOS tubes that I installed when I received the unit seemed to shake something free because the unit is working well and sounding beautiful. FYI.....I am using a 12AX7 in the input side of the unit and to my ears, sounds better than the 12AY7.