• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

1974 '55 RI Les Paul Special

stilwel

This stuff is magic on rosewood:
10pd63n.jpg

latestarter

I see you got Dan's bridge! Good work.

I refretted one of these recently. Thin neck, with a difficult relief profile, but I used the tangs to push it out a bit and some gentle truss pressure. Came out great and the guitar sounded fantastic. Honky, slightly scooped sound. Very playable.

Congrats.

stilwel

I bet Dan could make you a goof ring.
(I LOVE them myself!)

Yeah we talked about it. He said if I took some measurements he could probably make one. For now I really just wanted the bridge and new studs so I could use it.

If I'm having him make a new ring I want to take my time and get it right. We'll see. Still undecided if it's worth it (to me).

stilwel

I received my Mojoaxe 7/8" aged studs today. Perfect fit. Slammed them all the way down and backed out until the action was right. Intonates perfectly and looks like it belongs there. This guitar is done.

I can't recommend the Mojoaxe wraptail enough. Totally worth the money. I have them on both of my vintage Specials.

stilwel

'59 LP Special - Mojoaxe CWT Bridge with original studs
59%20Bridge_zpsmirqbiry.jpg

'74 LP Special - Mojoaxe CWT Bridge with Mojoaxe studs
74%20Bridge_zpsgr8k6els.jpg

stilwel

The cherry on top...

Got a set of Creamtone aged black Top Hats yesterday.

FullSizeRender_zpsaoreed3n.jpg

FullSizeRender%201_zpsu6hvioay.jpg