• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

'90 Classic Gold Top

60'sGold

I've had this one for a year or two. Great player. 1990 LP Gold Top Classic. It used to belong to the site's very own Cody. Back was refinished by Dan Johnson, so says the letter that was in the case when I purchased it from a guy in San Diego. I've modified it a bit. I installed Grovers on it, added a fine tuner Schaller tail piece, installed a Dimarzio Super Distortion in the bridge, and added a better bridge. It also needed new pickup rings. The neck is probably the thinnest neck I've ever seen on a Les Paul. Being a Kramer guy, I was very happy with the profile.

Flash pic shows the deep carve
IMG_2696.jpg

IMG_2697.jpg

s-classic.jpg

deytookerjaabs

That's awesome! Don't see many fine tune tailpiece aftermarket additions on a 90's guitar (unless it came that way?), very cool, I liked every "classic" I've ever met.

CoyotesGator

Very cool.

I should have bought the one at Rockin Robin in about 1990.

Wonder where it is now.

In the best of health!

:salude

ZZ Not

Top carve looks great! Nice Classic goldtop.

Had this one myself for a number of years. Falls into the "never should have sold it" category, like so many others. Top carve appears nil in this photo, but it had a nice dish as well.

60'sGold

That's awesome! Don't see many fine tune tailpiece aftermarket additions on a 90's guitar (unless it came that way?), very cool, I liked every "classic" I've ever met.

Having Floyds on all my other guitars, (about 30), I really like having the ability to fine tune at the tail piece.

Cody

It's like seeing an old friend! We worked hard together on the road, as evidenced by the last pic in the OP.

I love the neck on this one - a true bridge between my love of Les Pauls and the fast necks of, say, a Charvel, Jackson or Ibanez.

I don't know who Dan Johnson is. Unless he does work for the one and only Scott Lentz, I'd say that info is wrong. I had Scott do some work on the guitar, including refinishing the back and sides in a very deep brown.

I hope you enjoy the guitar as much as I did!

:salude