• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Gibson LP Junior Custom Art Historic serial

toxpert

Last comment...looks like the headstock had tuners like Grovers at one point..you can see the washer footprints on the headstock face. The current tuners do not have 'historic' or vintage style bushings..these look like they may be coverson bushings or other after-market bushings.

For $350...I would jump on it. :dude:

J.D.

I'm not seeing anything that would indicate this guitar had any replacement tuners. Those bushings look to be correct for 2001.

Thomas24

Woohoo! Just got this mail from Gibson:

Hi Tom,

It’s a custom shop.

The serial number is registered here also as a 1957 Les Paul Junior single cutaway, in TV yellow, with nickel hardware, from 2001, made at the custom shop in Nashville.
The body would be mahogany, the pickup is a P-90 single coil, rosewood fingerboard, wraparound tailpiece/bridge and vintage “three on a plate” white tuners.

Kind regards,
Met vriendelijke groet,

Stijn Vergeest
Gibson Europe Customer Service
00800-4GIBSON1
00800-44427661
www.gibson.com
service.europe@gibson.com

I included all the essential pics they want you to send, papers, case and all.

Thomas24

One more reply from Gibson service europe on question regarding the different junior models "TV model" and "Junior"

Hi Tom,

There is indeed the LP TV and the Les Paul Junior, they are different models. The Junior has a TV finish name though.

This model was in production until 2006 (from 1998 onwards), because that was the year that the VOS model was introduced on this model (so continued somehow still).

Kind regards,
Met vriendelijke groet,

image001.png@01D2CF3D.0CFE6900

Gibson Europe Customer Service