• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Dallas Guitar Show S&M* Thread

Ed Driscoll

Les Paul Forum Member
* The Social & Music Thread. Wait -- what did you think I meant? :laugh2:

Hi Gang,

If any of you would like to get together on Saturday night after the guitar show (either before or after the Saturday Night Jam) how about we meet at the bar in the Asador Restaurant in the Renaissance Dallas Hotel which is right next to the Guitar Show venue. I’ll be there, with my wife, at 7 and 10 PM. For those who I’ve not met yet, look for a sign with LPF on it.

It would be most helpful if you RSVP to this thread, just so we know if anyone is planning on joining us.

Thanks,

Ed

renderit

Sadly I axed where it was and got told some streets. I am in San Diego now looking for them. No one told me the Dallas Guitar show was in Dallas Texas...

ES5

Hey Ed I will be there to say hello! Looking forward to connecting with some LPF'ers.

Finbar

I visited yesterday (Friday) before I had to fly home. Great show and far better than anything that blows through my town. Bumping into "Norm" and Seymour Duncan was cool, but my highlight was meeting a nice gentleman who let me inspect the two Ted Nugent bursts up close. I was a buyer for a nice late 60s or early 70s 355, but it didn't happen. I did make a friend (custom builder at Heritage) and we're going to explore building the first "Finbar 355" at the K'zoo factory.

72HT93

315A1E

A846U9

Ed Driscoll

Les Paul Forum Member
Great to see those who stopped by. I'm too fried to do 10:00 as well though.

Last edited:

TAC

Bumping into "Norm" and Seymour Duncan was cool, but my highlight was meeting a nice gentleman who let me inspect the two Ted Nugent bursts up close.

I'm glad that I could show them to you! He only played the '59 once today during his seven hour, non-stop autograph session --- and it sure did sound good!

ES5

Hey Ed, sorry I flaked...had a last minute scheduling explosion. I trust it was good fun had by all...