• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Goittos Rocket

J T

Well if you are really into photography then you probably already know about these things. What am I talking about? A Giottos Rocket is a handheld air blaster mainly used for blowing dust off camera lenses without actually touching them.

Why am I bringing this up? Well, I found that little bugger is also good for blowing loose dust off guitars very quickly. Out from under the bridge and tailpiece, off the headstock, out from the F-holes, etc, anywhere that is otherwise a bit hard to get to.

Pumping it is kind of like one of those blood pressure pumps, but looks cool like a 50's science fiction rocket.

Well it's only twelve bucks and you can just stand it up and grab it to blow off loose dust. No need to pump up a big air tank. No batteries to change, nothing to plug in.

Oh well, Just a little tip you might be interested in. Guitar people wouldn't normally know about these little things.

Just don't try to pack it into your carry on bag if your are flying. they say it looks like a bomb. :/

Giottos Rocket Blaster

J T

Ha! :hee

It really does work for loose dust. I have even used it to blow dust out of pots, then follow up with CRC. I use it on Console faders to blow out fuzz without having to pull them apart. Wherever you see (or don't see) dust it works. As long as dust is not stuck, it works.

For fixing guitars, blow dust when cutting a nut or saddle, or blow whatever from a bridge or pickups.

:)

Last edited:

renderit

So, as a product you would say it blows? Just wanna make sure I gets this right...

J T

HA!:hee

Like a vacuum sucks.

Only the other direction

renderit

So, for arguments sake, let's say I have a Turkey Baster (or similar "baster") laying around except for one time during the year (in the Turkey Basters case). As it (they) are capable of "moving much more particulate mass" do you think it (they) would work?

J T

The end opening on a turkey baster is too big.

This little rocket has a tiny little hole at the end and like a hose if you put a smaller opening at the end of a big hose, it will speed up the air going through. So the air just blasts out with just a moderate squeeze of the bulb.

J T

You might be able to narrow the opening of a turkey baster somehow, but then the bulb may not work as it would have to draw the air back in through the same hole. The rocket draws the air in through a one way valve at the other end.