• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

guitar strap for 330?

handwerk

hi,

this might be an odd post. i just received a 33o wildwood spec, Vos, natural, and i have a question regarding a strap. the ones i have, a nice leather one, and cheaper cloth types with leather ends seem really tight. i was thinking if there were some sort of strap which was not quite so thick/tight where it attaches. i did not want to mar the surface. trying to have this be the one guitar i've ever owned which does not get scratches, etc.

thanks for any input
richard

1jamman

hi,

this might be an odd post. i just received a 33o wildwood spec, Vos, natural, and i have a question regarding a strap. the ones i have, a nice leather one, and cheaper cloth types with leather ends seem really tight. i was thinking if there were some sort of strap which was not quite so thick/tight where it attaches. i did not want to mar the surface. trying to have this be the one guitar i've ever owned which does not get scratches, etc.

thanks for any input
richard

HNGD , I've been keeping of those in the back of my mind ,for while now . P-90's can have that "Special something" Humbuckers , just don't often get IMO.

I think (only my guess) is the a thicker piece of leather is used to keep it's rigidity .That helps in not having your guitar strap end "pop" out/off when in "that playing position" . If you're not fast, the guitar winds up on the floor . Strap locks were the answer to that issue , i believe .

Finding these thin leather ends straps isn't difficult , I bought a few nice looking straps off of E-bay and that's what they came with ... No name brand . Not much $$$ either ....

I'm sure it's possible , but keeping guitar 100% new , never used looking, with not a mark on it would be difficult . Only never using it would keep "mint". To each their own , I think a guitar that's taken care of /loved and not abused but shows signs of use ,tells a story ...
A story of a Loved guitar , because it sounded so good and played so well ,,,, It got played .... And how the owner respects, values and keeps their important possessions .