• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Stratmania...somebody stop me! 56 Blonde content!!!

Maxmc

DSC_8527-XL.jpg

Well, you learn something new every day. I always thought that 50s strats only had 4 digit serial numbers.

sglp63

5 digits were first seen as early as '55. That shouldn't necessarily be equated with corresponding sales volumes though.

Michael Minnis

Just seeing this thread now. Wow! Congratulations, Charlie! Awesome guitar. And very cool of Joe to pass it along to you. From one set of good hands to another!

Kris Ford

Yours looks a lot whiter than my 56. :hmm

917_p51899.jpg

Maybe mine stayed out late on weekends, while yours went to church on Sunday morning? :ganz

LOVE this!

I see it's in the "in-between" spot..natural balance, or a 5 way retrofitted?:hmm

El Gringo

So sweet CD , I just love a Mary Kay white blonde maple neck strat ,awesome . How is the neck ? Is it a soft V shape ? or maybe bigger ? How does it sound with the pickups ? I have a Wildwood 10 Mary Kay that is nice but not like the real deal like yours and the Riffmasters Keith Richards which he used it on the live HBO concert during the Licks Tour on the song Thru and Thru .

Last edited:

El Gringo

Also very interesting that it does not come with Gold hardware .I wonder if their are any details or info on that also ?

CDaughtry

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner and Moderator
I think most 50s blonde Strats came without gold hardware.

And when they are without gold hardware, they are not a "Mary Kaye."

To answer the neck question, 56's in my opinion, have the quinessential V neck. This one has that. Not sharp, not round....just perfect.:jim

Having owned every year Strat through 65, I've always got along with all shapes of Strat necks, but a 56 has ALWAYS been my favorite.:peace2