• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

'59 Standard at Indy Guitar Show

Kevin L.

There was a '59 standard at the Indianapolis Guitar Show yesterday. I snapped a quick photo but can't post it. If anyone can post for me, I'll send it via messenger, email or text message.

Thank you!

StringBender61

thanks for posting the pic man, was curious ´bout that one...as expected, sweet lookin´guitar

sws1

Nice color.

Looks like it has the earlier ('57-ish) r/t switch nut. And the inlays look very crisp.

Was it for sale? Did it have a price?

Kevin L.

Here's what I know.

The owner was there. He said he had owner the guitar since 1999. Also, he said the guitar had spent MANY years stored in an attic. He thought that had affected the color of the inlays. It had a headstock repair which had been covered with a dark finish. I asked the serial number and he told me, but in the excitement of the day, I forgot. Sorry! He said it weighed an even 9lbs.
The guitar was not for sale.

slammintone

I'm fairly certain this was the Burst I played a several weeks ago when the owner brought it to NW Indiana. The setup looked fine, it played great and it sounded amazing plugged into a Friedman 20 watt head+Cab. I believe it resides at Play It Again Music in Dayton Ohio as it's on their facebook page.

King64kong

The Lifton Case looks way too big for the guitar...

Did they all fit like that in the case?

I never noticed that in all the research I've done...newbie

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
The Lifton Case looks way too big for the guitar...

Did they all fit like that in the case?

I never noticed that in all the research I've done...newbie

That's a "California Girl" case [kind of a 'figure 8' shape] and no explanation for it's odd shape has ever come out.

King64kong

That's a "California Girl" case [kind of a 'figure 8' shape] and no explanation for it's odd shape has ever come out.

Thanks Mr. Wittrock

I always wondered what exactly the Californian Girl case, actually meant!

Learn something new everyday

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
Thanks Mr. Wittrock

I always wondered what exactly the Californian Girl case, actually meant!

Learn something new everyday

The term was first used for this particular shape of a Les Paul case. In more recent years, some people refer to any and all brown cases with pink lining as 'California Girl'.