• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

1963 Stratocaster forensic color analysis

sikoniko

Too funny Kris.

I've done a few marks on it already, just enough to give it a hint of credibility...but yes, the rest will occur naturally. I'll post some more pics in a few weeks. I am very happy with the colour...

Beautiful dark board, clean hardware, nice case including original key, trem arm etc....sounds great to top it off. V happy.

can't wait for more pic's. congrats! mine is still a few weeks away from coming home.

hogy

Jaco the cat relicing my '64.

412851822.jpg

mipstoo

Desert Sand if we're being pedantic.

Also white...

I've seen custom colours over yellow stain, over desert sand (most common), over white, over sunburst (which is in my opinion rarer than all the other examples)...
I think it all depended on what was available at the moment the order came in. Since a part from blonde and sunburst, all custom colours were opaque it didn't really matter much...

agogetr

Hey bro - no offense as I know you know you're stuff but this is not true - most custom color strat's didn't have a sunburst undercoat most were white.
i have a 63 jazzmaster, its the darker red, it has a silver undercoat

agogetr

Also white...

I've seen custom colours over yellow stain, over desert sand (most common), over white, over sunburst (which is in my opinion rarer than all the other examples)...
I think it all depended on what was available at the moment the order came in. Since a part from blonde and sunburst, all custom colours were opaque it didn't really matter much...
yes. i have seen over desert sand..white.. silver.. and i believe gold.. i cant recall seing one over sunburst but everyone says that happened.
i believe any color paint job could have been messed up and oversprayed a different color.